Flyer 2020 (new flyers for 2021 will follow…)
- Download Marathon Flyer 2020 (All running offers at one sight)
- Download Muttenz rennt Flyer 2020 (Junior and kids run and 10 km spring run)
Point of departure
All distances will start on Sunday, 25 April 2021 at Schulhaus Margelacker in 4132 Muttenz.
Distances and Start times
|Race routes||Specification||Distance||altitude difference||Start times|
|Marathon||2 rounds||42.195 km||approx. 1000 m||9.30 a.m.|
|Half marathon||1 round||21.1 km||approx. 500 m||10.00 a.m.|
|10 km-Spring run||1 shortened round||10 km||approx. 160 m||10.30 a.m.|
|10 km Walking||1 shortened round||10 km||approx. 160 m||10.40 a.m.|
|Kids run||2 Runden à 0.4 km||0.8 km||flach||13:30 Uhr|
|Junior run||1 Runde à 1.5 km||1.5 km||flach||13:45 Uhr|
Online-registration is possible until 23 April 2021.
Late registrations, with the following surcharges, are possible on the day of the race, at least 45 minutes before the start:
- Marathon, Half marathon: Fr. 10.00
- 10 km-Spring run and 10 km Walking: Fr. 5.00
- Kids run and Junior run free of extra charge
|Race routes||Starting fee until 10.02.2020||Starting fee from 11.02.2020|
|Marathon||CHF 55.00||CHF 65.00|
|Half marathon||CHF 35.00||CHF 45.00|
|10 km-Spring run||CHF 15.00||CHF 25.00|
|10 km Walking||CHF 15.00||CHF 25.00|
|Junior run||CHF 8.00||CHF 8.00|
|Kids run||CHF 5.00||CHF 5.00|
All starters receive a starter bag from our Partner City-Sport Lörrach that includes a 20 Euro voucher valid on purchases of 100 Euro or more.
- M20, M30, M40, M50, M60, M70
- W20, W30, W40, W50, W60, W70
Half marathon, 10 km-Spring run and 10 km Walking:
- MU18, MU20, M20, M30, M40, M50, M60, M70
- WU18, WU20, W20, W30, W40, W50, W60, W70
- MU12, MU14, MU16
- WU12, WU14, WU16
- MU8, MU10
- WU8, WU10
For participants in the Muttenz-Marathon for 2021, the age restrictions are:
|Race routes||Age restrictions|
|Marathon||Year of birth 2003 and older|
|Half marathon||Year of birth 2005 and older|
|10 km-Spring run||No age restriction|
|10 km Walking||No age restriction|
|Junior run||Year of birth 2011 until 2006|
|Kids run||Year of birth 2012 and younger|
For underaged children, the parents or a legal representative must approve participation.
Each participant must personally collect their starting number; alternatively, a representative of the participant may collect the starting number upon presentation of a power of attorney.
Start numbers can be collected on:
Saturday 24 April 2021 from 3.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m. at the school house Margelacker, Muttenz
Sunday 25 April 2021 from 7.00 a.m. at the school house Margelacker, Muttenz
For the marathon, the maximum time allowance is 6 hours.
The final finish time for all races is 3.30 p.m.. Anyone who crosses the finish line thereafter will not be included in the ranking.
Catering is provided in cooperation with SPONSER SportFood. Every 5 – 7 km there is a food and drink stand. The catering plan indicates the catering available at each catering point.
Wardrobes and valuables
Wardrobes, showers and toilets are available in the school house Margelacker.
A valuables deposit site is signposted on location.
An active transponder system will be used to calculate times. The following times and split-times will be measured:
- Schönmatt (time for marathon mountain-climb prize and half marathon). For the marathon, the time for the first round counts.
- Start and finish: start, split, and end time
Prizes will be awarded on Sunday, 25 April 2021 at the school house Margelacker: for each prize-winning category, about 30 minutes after the 3rd placed runner in each category has crossed the finish line.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- The first three women and men in the overall classification for each running event.
- A mountain-climb prize to the first male and female marathon and half marathon runners (time measured at Schönmatt 1st round).
- The first over-60 of each respective category will be honored with a special prize.
Junior and Kids run:
- The top three girls and boys in each category will be called up for the award ceremony.
All participants receive a finisher medal.
Safety and medical assistance
Crossclinic and the Samariterverein Muttenz will take care of runners experiencing any physical problems during and after the competition. The Samariterverein Muttenz will set up a fully equipped medical tent near the finish area.
Each participant is responsible for his/her own insurance. All runners must have personal accident insurance. Compensation claims by participants to the event organisers, no matter what legal reason, are invalid.